If you’ve been matched betting for a couple of months or longer, it’s likely that you’ll have accounts at a number of online bookmakers from taking advantage of the many new customer offers that are available. As time goes on, you’ll realise that you’ll use some of these accounts more than others depending on which bookmakers are offering the best offers for existing customers. The accounts which you use the most can be very valuable to you over time and so it’s important to do what you can to preserve these accounts and avoid any gubbings.
In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the more popular bookies for matched bettors and the regular and profitable offers that they provide.
Bet365 are one of the biggest online bookmakers and one of the most used for matched betting. Although you won’t find as many ‘Bet & Get’ offers available at Bet365 compared to some other bookmakers such as Betfred, MoPlay or Coral, they do run a few very profitable and attractive offers which can be taken advantage of on most days of the week.
Some of Bet365’s most appealing offers include:
- Early Payout Offer – Place a bet on a team to win in eligible football leagues and if they go two goals ahead at any point in the match, Bet365 will settle your bet as a winner. If the team you backed goes two goals up, you should be able to lock in a profit by trading out your lay bet. There are eligible matches available on most days of the week and the potential profit you can make from a single matched bet is huge making it one of the most popular matched betting offers.
- ITV 4/1 Offer – If you back a winner priced at 4/1 or greater in any eligible horse race, Bet365 will give you a risk-free bet of up to £50 to use on the next eligible race. Providing you can keep qualifying losses to a minimum, this offer has the potential to return a good profit for relatively low risk. This offer is available multiple times a day which makes it a very popular offer.
- £50 Free Bets – Every so often, Bet365 will run a ‘Bet & Get’ offer where customers will receive a free bet up to £50 when they place a £50 bet. They usually run this promotion 5+ times a year on big sporting events such as for Champions League or Cup matches and it can return an easy £37+ profit each time.
As well as a handful of very profitable offers, Bet365 is also one of the prefered betting sites for matched bettors due to their competitive odds. Paddy Power run a promotion named ‘2UP’ which works in the same way to Bet365’s Early Payout Offer but as their odds aren’t nearly as competitive as Bet365’s, many choose not to do it as often.
MoPlay are a relatively new bookmaker to the scene but have recently gained more attention due to offering an increased number of ‘Bet & Get’ offers. These offers generally return around £3-£7 profit each so not as profitable as Bet365’s, but they are more regular. The majority of MoPlay’s offers are something like ‘Bet £10 & Get a £5 Free Bet’ and are available across a number of sports such as football, tennis, horse racing and darts. Hopefully, MoPlay will continue with these offers as they do provide a steady stream of profits for matched bettors and are relatively quick and easy to do.
3. William Hill
Like Bet365, William Hill are one of the biggest and most popular bookmakers in the UK. They run a number of promotions on a daily basis across their sports, casino and games channels making them a very popular destination for matched bettors. Below are some of William Hill’s most profitable offers.
- Scratch of the Day – Every weekend on a Saturday and a Sunday, customers of William Hill can claim a free bet offer via their Scratch of the Day promotion. Most recently, the offers are generally ‘Bet & Get’ offers consisting of something like ‘Bet £10 on Horse Racing and get a £5 Free Bet’. They can be claimed twice a week, making it an attractive offer which can return a quick £7 or so profit.
- High 5 / 2 Clear – Depending on the season, William Hill either run their High 5 or 2Clear offers for selected horse races. The offers are available on multiple races every day and William Hill’s odds are generally pretty good so matched bettors generally have no trouble finding close matches and keeping qualifying losses to a minimum. These are go-to offers on a daily basis for many matched bettors.
William Hill are also a popular choice for low risk casino offers which are available on most days of the week in the casino, games and Vegas sections.
4. Paddy Power
As mentioned earlier, Paddy Power’s odds on many markets are generally pretty poor. However, they do offer some good promotions on a regular basis which can return a profit. The most common promotion from Paddy Power are their refund offers. These vary depending on the event but an example is ‘Get your stake refunded as a free bet if Harry Kane scores and your bet loses’. Sometimes it may not be possible to lock in a profit from these refund offers but they do provide value and you should make a profit in the long-term from them.
Paddy Power also offer some attractive promotions during big sporting events such as Cheltenham and Aintree which can either be in the form of ‘Bet & Get’ offers or ‘Refund if a specific horse wins’.
Many other bookmakers run regular profitable promotions which shouldn’t be overlooked. Some of these include:
Betfair – Their 3/1 offer on horse racing which works in a similar way to Bet365’s 4/1 offer. They also run several +EV promotions in their casino and arcade sections.
Betfred – Regular ‘Bet & Get’ offers on football. Weekly greyhound & virtual free bets.
Coral – Extra place offers, good weekly bet club & occasional free bet offers.
Skybet – Regular price boosts, occasional ‘bet & get’ offers and a good free bet club.
Betway – Frequent ‘Bet & Get’ offers.